Today's reality is that consumers engage with an average of nine different channels when they interact with a brand. But executing a multi-channel ecommerce strategy at scale can be a challenge.
With brands now expected to be omnipresent via connected experiences at any and every touchpoint, a channel-less, or unified, approach to customer experience is emerging as best practice and replacing the traditional omnichannel model.
That’s why Sitecore is excited to announce that Sitecore OrderCloud is now fully integrated with Microsoft Fabric, enabling limitless commerce capabilities within Microsoft Cloud for Retail. (Read the press release).
Enabling limitless commerce capabilities
Sitecore OrderCloud delivers a wide range of commerce capabilities, enabling brands to consolidate the management of all their commerce channels (B2C, B2B, marketplace, social, and more) into a single managed marketplace, delivering a unified, channel-less experience for their buyers.
This new out-of-the-box integration with Microsoft Fabric unlocks these commerce capabilities within Microsoft Cloud for Retail and enables brands to unlock the power of AI, analytics, and commerce and business management capabilities into your ecommerce ecosystem.
Microsoft Fabric is an end-to-end, unified analytics platform that brings together all the data and analytics tools that organizations need to unlock the potential of their data and lay the foundation. It enables retailers to more quickly and easily build and deploy applications by giving them access to a composed set of microservices, like OrderCloud. As part of Fabric, integrations to other microservices within Fabric are already handled, eliminating the complex task of orchestrating integration events across many different microservices.
This will free up time for retailers to focus on the business logic and functionality of their digital experience instead of maintaining the back-end infrastructure.
Today, brands are expected to be omnipresent via connected experiences at any and every touchpoint. We're excited that Sitecore OrderCloud's connectivity with Microsoft Fabric will give our customers instant access to AI-enabled commerce, as well as data and analytics tooling and more, that should empower leaders to more easily enhance and scale the delivery of these channel-less commerce experiences customers expect.
Sitecore OrderCloud's integration with Microsoft Fabric will accelerate retailers' ability to unify data across systems, helping them take advantage of AI-powered enhancements and ultimately delivering a unified, channel-less shopping experience that meets today's shopper expectations.
OrderCloud's integration with Microsoft Fabric makes it easier to:
- Deliver truly channel-less digital experiences with Sitecore and Microsoft, connecting your content management and commerce experience delivery capabilities into best-in-class digital storefronts, physical retail experiences, mobile, or social channels, with centralized control, transparency, and feedback.
- Activate a broad ecosystem of Microsoft tools, from Microsoft Copilot for Power BI to empowering day-to-day activities with Microsoft 365 connectivity for each of your employees.
- Speed up your ability to deliver ecommerce experiences, from digital storefront to supplier fulfillment and beyond. Sitecore’s connectivity with Microsoft Fabric empowers every stakeholder and department to collaboratively improve your business.
- Scale the delivery of new, personalized opportunities to your targeted audiences with built-in AI capabilities to make a relevant and planful impact on each of your customers.
- Proactively and automatically respond to the changing demands of your customers by monitoring and actioning key insights and KPIs across your financial, operational, and logistic systems.
Managing multiple ecommerce channels can be difficult for a leading retailer, especially during peak seasons. OrderCloud helps them streamline their channel management (B2C, B2B, social, and more).
OrderCloud's integration with Fabric also allows retailers to leverage AI copilot integrations, which enable personalized customer experiences and faster development cycles. OrderCloud provides strong and adaptive scalability during high-traffic periods, reducing downtime, improving system reliability, and staying competitive in the dynamic ecommerce landscape.
Brands delivering multi-channel ecommerce experiences with Sitecore OrderCloud will experience key benefits of Microsoft Fabric:
- Improved scalability and performance, ensuring efficient management of the varying demands of online shopping, especially during peak times like holidays or sales events.
- Stable reliability and availability, reducing downtime and providing a better shopping experience for customers.
- Fault tolerance and self-healing, via a system that automatically detects and recovers from failures, ensuring you can maintain a seamless shopping experience.
- Ease of development and deployment, bringing quicker time-to-market for new features or improvements to the online store, helping you stay competitive and agile in the rapidly evolving ecommerce landscape.
- Pre-built integration with modern technologies, enabling easier adoption and integration of additional technologies and microservices that are part of Fabric so you can stay current and deliver the experiences customers expect.
- Cost efficiency, as the platform's ability to scale resources up or down based on demand can optimize operational costs, especially during periods of fluctuating user activity.
- Security and compliance via robust security features and compliance certifications as part of Azure cloud.
The new integration with Microsoft Fabric brings reliability, scalability, and foundational advancements to our OrderCloud customers, translating to better customer experiences and operational efficiencies for your business.
Explore more and request an OrderCloud demo to discuss how this new integration can deliver the outcomes your brand expects from their ecommerce platform.
Heading to NRF? Let’s connect in person. Join Sitecore and Microsoft at NRF 2024 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City from January 14-16 to continue exploring how AI can create efficiencies and scale the delivery of channel-less, personalized digital experiences in retail. Book a meeting with us on site today.
Jake Hookom is Vice President, Commerce and Platform at Sitecore. Follow him on LinkedIn