Copenhagen, DK – November 16, 2017
, the global leader in experience management software, today announced highlights from its fiscal year 2017 that ended June 30, 2017, punctuated by customers’ embrace and continued strong momentum of Sitecore’s subscription- and cloud-based offerings. Combined with the recent launch
of new content, commerce, integration, cloud, and machine learning capabilities at Sitecore Symposium, the company has entered fiscal year 2018 in a strong position to broaden its addressable market and advance its market-leading position.
“Our results in fiscal year 2017 demonstrate focused execution against our strategic priorities. We strengthened our financial foundation, accelerated our pace of innovation, and delivered technology in the way our customers want to consume it,” said Mark Frost, CEO. “We'll drive that momentum forward in fiscal year 2018, which looks to be among the most transformative years in the company’s history. Nonetheless, in fiscal year 2018 as in previous years, enabling marketers to drive their company’s success by providing superior experiences to their customers will remain at the core of what Sitecore is doing with its innovative and intuitive solutions for marketers.”
Throughout fiscal year 2017, Sitecore further strengthened its position in the digital experience and commerce technologies marketplace with achievements including:
- Transitioning the business to meet customer demands: the number of customers on Sitecore’s subscription and cloud offerings grew 90 percent from the end of fiscal year 2016 to the end of fiscal year 2017. Sitecore anticipates accelerated adoption of these models in fiscal year 2018.
- Driving cloud revenue via additional deployment options: The expansion of Sitecore’s portfolio of cloud offerings helped increase subscription and cloud revenue more than 75 percent year over year in fiscal year 2017. From the Sitecore Azure Toolkit for power users to Sitecore Managed Cloud for customers who want a fully managed service, Sitecore’s multiple cloud deployment options give customers the greatest flexibility and choice.
- Confirming its position as a Leader in the Gartner MQ for Web Content Management1: For the eighth consecutive year, Sitecore was positioned in the “Leaders” quadrant and, for the third consecutive year, Sitecore achieved the highest placement for its Ability to Execute.
- Reinventing the commerce market: The January 2017 revision of Sitecore Commerce delivered the only cloud-enabled commerce platform that moves e-commerce beyond simple transactions to a seamless blend of content, context, and commerce that prioritizes a holistic end-to-end experience.
- Easing complexity for IT and marketers: The release of Sitecore® Experience Accelerator, the Data Exchange Framework, and usability enhancements put more power in the hands of marketers and merchandisers. These tools enable organizations to deliver seamless digital experiences that nurture customers throughout the entire customer lifecycle.
In addition to these achievements, a growing number of businesses and organizations around the world are adopting Sitecore’s products to manage their interactions with customers. As of the close of fiscal year 2017, Sitecore has worked with more than 5,200 world-renowned brands since the company’s founding in 2001.
With a partner-led and customer-first strategy, Sitecore has assembled a vast ecosystem that builds innovative and engaging experiences, drives digital transformation, and supports business performance. More than 1,400 partners provide services ranging from implementation to digital strategy and creative design to managed services. The Sitecore community includes more than 12,000 Sitecore-certified developers and more than 18,000 active members in its developer network worldwide. Sitecore also has 45 user groups around the globe and 282 Sitecore Most Valuable Professionals — representing 29 countries and 140 companies — who actively share their mastery of the Sitecore platform with Sitecore’s customers, partners, and prospects.
1 Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The Gartner Reports described herein, (the "Gartner Report(s)") represent data, research opinion or viewpoints published, as part of a syndicated subscription service, by Gartner, Inc. ("Gartner"), and are not representations of fact. Each Gartner Report speaks as of its original publication date (and not as of the date of this Annual Report) and the opinions expressed in the Gartner Report(s) are subject to change without notice.
Sitecore is the global leader in experience management software that enables context marketing. The Sitecore® Experience Platform™ manages content, supplies contextual intelligence, automates communications, and enables personalized commerce, at scale. It empowers marketers to deliver content in context of how customers have engaged with their brand, across every channel, in real time—before, during, and after a sale. More than 5,200 brands––including American Express, Carnival Cruise Lines, easyJet, and L’Oréal––have trusted Sitecore for context marketing to deliver the personalized interactions that delight audiences, build loyalty, and drive revenue.
For Danish Media:
Sitecore Sr. Director, Analyst Relations
For All Other Media:
Sitecore VP of Communications and Content Marketing
Hotwire PR for Sitecore
Sitecore and Own the Experience are registered trademarks of Sitecore Corporation A/S in the USA and other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Sitecore reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice.
© 2017 Sitecore Corporation A/S. All rights reserved.