IAK enhances online sales capabilities with Sitecore and Virtual Affairs
In the insurance industry, an effective and efficient online channel is a key cornerstone for success. Many insurers however are quite restricted in this area by their existing inflexible IT infrastructure. This was the impetus for Eindhoven-based insurer IAK to launch their ambitious modernization project in 2015, which strongly focused on streamlining internal processes through Straight-Through Processing and offering customers more self-service options.
"In the previous situation, there was not much room for self-service, and for us this meant lots of manual work in policy administration," says Bobby Groenen, product owner at IAK. "We wanted to give service provision a strong boost, with regard to the individual consumer as well as for businesses who hold group insurances with us."
IAK already had a website based on Sitecore technology and asked Sitecore partner Virtual Affairs to build a new environment based on Sitecore 7.2 and InsuranceRight, the Virtual Affairs front-end solution for the insurance industry. InsuranceRight is fully integrated in Sitecore and offers the basis for an insurers’ online channel. This helped IAK to accelerate its plans. One of the goals was to enable full online processing of 21 insurances. IAK also wanted to improve cross selling capabilities. This was possible thanks to the specialized Insurance Right front-end.
With the new platform, IAK can respond faster to market developments and trends. "For instance, we can develop or adapt campaigns faster, without a developer having to intervene," says Groenen. Adjustments, which could take up to several days to be implemented before, are now done within just a few hours at IAK. In addition, Groenen reports that campaigns are easier to measure, which benefits conversion.
- Respond more quickly to customer queries and customer behavior
- Increase on line sales of insurances
- More and better self-service options for customers
- Faster and more direct processing in the back-office
- The ability to create and execute marketing campaigns quicker
- Sitecore 7.2
- Insurance Right from Virtual Affairs
- OneGini for omnichannel identity management
- Level7 for the back-office
- Vizier for CRM
- BizTalk for integration
- 21 insurances delivered via Straight-Through Processing
- Much shorter time-to-market thanks to the flexible creation of content
- Lower costs as campaigns can be created by marketers without the aid of developers