Sitecore enables customer engagement at New York Life Retirement Plan Services
For more than 40 years, New York Life Retirement Plan Services retirement solutions and service to corporations and unions. With more than $30 billion in assets under administration, New York Life administers 401(k), pension, non-qualified, and Taft Hartley plans for over 1.3 million participants. New York Life’s participant facing website “My Life” is designed to engage people in the retirement plan offered by their employer through New York Life. By effectively combining personal retirement projections with account information and educational content, the site invites participants to take positive action in saving for their retirement.
New York Life’s members had always enjoyed access to a very functional and transactional website. The prior website lacked user engagement and wasn’t intuitive for their users, making the participants unable to take full advantage of the functionality that existed within the site. By not engaging their members, New York Life was missing out on a core opportunity to build relationships and encourage better retirement savings.
New York Life implemented Sitecore solutions for content management, web analytics, campaign management, and marketing automation. This included:
- Extensive use of jQuery animations and AJAX was employed to render data driven from New York Life’s proprietary recordkeeping system
- Implementation of Conditional content rendering, custom URL resolving, and marketing automation features of OMS based on sophisticated use of content tree inheritance
- Utilization of corporate design standards that includes: a unique and clean interface design, easy to-use navigation, and a palette of colors customizable by New York Life’s clients
- Leverage of five levels for content distribution and reuse - with a global level providing generic content and lower levels that provide progressively customized content specific to the participant and employer plan
- Customized content and messaging served to participants based on core participant demographics and employer plan requirements that incorporate participant attributes and past interaction with the site
The process of design for the MyLife site balances technical functionality with visual elements to create a system that is operational and engaging to participants.
New York Life participants’ acceptance of the website has lessened a reliance on more expensive communication channels, specifically call centers. Web usage has increased, and content is updated in a more timely and efficient manner. Additionally, the site has made positive impressions on prospective clients.
Solution Special Ingredients:
- Web Communication Framework (WCF)
- AT&T’s Content Distribution Network (CDN)