Yarra City Council uses Sitecore to drive better citizen engagement and provide better services to local residents.
Yarra City Council is one of Melbourne’s youngest councils, formed in 1994 and incorporating some of the oldest suburbs in Melbourne and more than 230 hectares of open space.
The inner metropolitan municipality is home to a diverse community of over 80,000 people and includes suburbs like Abbotsford, Burnley, Clifton Hill, Collingwood, Cremorne, Fitzroy, North Carlton, North Fitzroy, Princes Hill and Richmond.
Yarra City Council was named 2016 Victorian Sustainable City of the Year and has a total capital and operating budget of $162.5 million. The Council is the first carbon neutral Council in Victoria, as well as Australia’s first One Planet certified council.Challenges
- Outdated website that has poor user experience, particularly on mobile and tablet devices and does not meet all required accessibility standards.
- Ability to operate in multiple languages.
- Need to move manual offline processes (eg Paying fines) to an online, self-service environment.
- Ability to integrate with core internal and external third-party platforms such as Active Directory (AD), CRM, Knowledge Management, Payment Gateways, TechnologyOne, GIS, Booking and Events Systems and new technologies on the horizon.
- Ability to organise and manage multiple websites from a single administration backend.
- Sitecore® Experience Platform™ (XP) 8.1
- Sitecore® Experience Database™ (xDB)
- Sitecore® Engagement Analytics
- Global solution which enables management and content share across multiple websites and campaign sites for Yarra City Council ecosystem. Incorporating access restrictions to ensure that content authors only have access to relevant content.
- Flexible and scalable digital platform solution utilizing Azure PaaS hosting.
- Unified search across multiple websites.