Rocky Mountain Health Plans
Rocky Mountain Health Plans empowers customers to compare and select plan options while simplifying website management and protecting sensitive data.
Each October, individuals around the U.S. review health insurance plans to maintain or change their coverage. Over 230,000 people in Colorado’s Western Slope region turn to Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP) to study their options. With more than 40 years of experience, RMHP understands the importance of this evaluation and is committed to a high-quality, personalized journey for its members and employer groups.
RMHC maintains a large portfolio of offerings that changes annually, and requires robust systems to manage and present rates, coverage, and provider information. Yet aging and decentralized technology was holding back open enrollment innovation. Legacy CMS, website, and customer support applications required many manual changes and lacked the flexibility for today’s dynamic healthcare market—even simple content updates could take days, which put RMHP's compliancy at risk.
Furthermore, RMHP offers health insurance coverage to individuals of all ages and businesses of all sizes, serving every market—employers, individuals, Medicare, Medicaid, and Child Health Plan Plus—but its web experience was one-size-fits-all. With this year’s open enrollment fast approaching, RMHP sought a better, more tailored experience for its members.
The insurance provider selected Horizontal Integration (HI), a digital agency that creates enterprise-level marketing solutions, to overhaul its digital strategy, which included consolidating its various web systems onto one platform. Together they selected Sitecore Experience Platform (XP) running Microsoft Azure.
- Enhance website experience with simplified presentation and intuitive self-service.
- Improve productivity through site consolidation, cloud services, and streamlined workflow.
- Meet industry regulations including HIPAA and Medicare ADA Section 501 mandates.
- Speed time to market to meet 2018 open enrollment deadlines.
- Secure sensitive information including PII and medical records.
- Consolidate & eliminate toxic legacy technology.
- Sitecore® Experience Platform™ (XP)
- Sitecore® Experience Database™
- Sitecore® Cloud on Microsoft Azure
- Sitecore® Email Experience Manager
- Improved digital experience: Simplified interfaces and unified brand across web properties.
- Reduced support costs: 85% fewer customer calls and enhanced website self-service.
- Increased efficiency: Greater agility from integration of CMS and Microsoft solutions.
- Enhanced security: Automated backup and failover, and sensitive data encryption.
- Faster time to market: Amplified speed and scale from Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Increased self-sufficiency: Reduced reliance on third parties to manage technology and content.