Reusing components, DOM Security empowers content editors
DOM Security specializes in developing and selling the highest quality locking technology and access solutions. From standard cylinder locks for homes to digital-access control systems for large buildings, products are sold throughout Europe via the company’s 8,000-member partner network.
In an effort to optimize the user experience, improve SEO, and provide the most up-to-date information to its partners, DOM Security undertook a digital transformation that required a customer experience platform.
Along with its technology partner Sidewalk, DOM chose Sitecore Experience Platform (XP). During phase 1 of the project, developers implemented Sitecore XP as a central content hub and integrated the platform with DOM’s product information management system (PIM).
DOM Security also invested in a central component library to handle typical content needs (i.e., carousels, navigation, search, sort and filter capabilities). Now in phase 2, developers reuse the initial set of components to build out 15 EU country websites with support for multiple languages.
Reusing components, DOM Security presents a consistent brand experience across multiple websites, saving time and expense while empowering marketers and content editors to create and design their own pages and micro-websites without developer intervention.
- Better web presence
- Provide up to date product information to support partner/sellers
- Rollout and manage 15 websites to support EU regions
- Put content editing in the hands of marketing pros
- Integrate with Product Information Management (PIM) to ensure site reflects most current product info
- Implement customer experience platform that allows content editors to manage and monitor the customer experience
- Build components once, use everywhere