German energy giant innogy SE personalizes web content and navigation across diverse customer segments to speed visitor journeys and enrich the customer experience.
The energy market is transforming rapidly in Germany and across the European continent. With shifting demand, wind and solar renewables are replacing coal, gas, and nuclear power. In 2016, to address this disruption, German energy giant RWE rebranded its retail, renewables, and grid divisions into a newly formed billion-dollar startup, innogy SE, with 42,000 employees and 23 million customers in 11 countries.
Although flush with green power, smart grids, and efficient home solutions, innogy required a complete digital transformation to engage its broad customer base, to win new customers, and to outcompete agile startups.
“We have a lot of target groups with diverse interests, so it’s important to shorten the customer journey and quickly move each visitor to the information they need,” says Sandra Köhler, Senior Manager Digital Team, innogy SE. “This vision requires a scalable web platform and personalization framework to serve tailored content to many personas. Sitecore XP was the right choice for us.”
- Compete in the highly dynamic and fast-growing energy market.
- Get customers and prospects to engage with company via digital touchpoints vs. calling or visiting stores.
- Shorten user journeys: Help visitors find relevant information faster.
- Standardize on a modern scalable framework on which many digital properties can be centrally managed.
- Develop segmentation and journey maps to define customer-centric digital experiences.
- Build data-driven analytics framework for predictive profiling and targeted content.
- Integrate third-party services and websites while tracking visitor interaction on non-Sitecore sites.
- Sitecore® Experience Platform™ (XP)
- Sitecore® Experience Database™ (xDB)
- Sitecore® Federated Experience Manager
- 33% greater web traffic to job application site using predictive profiling for three personas.
- 24% decrease in power supply sales cycle through personalized web navigation.
- Data-driven analytics framework for targeted content delivery within sites and campaigns.
- Improved flexibility and governance of content presentation from single, global web platform.
- Successful profiling and personalization as foundation for extending to all customer segments.