Wecycle optimizes supply chain with the myWecycle platform
Wecycle works together with 10,000 collection points where consumers can dispose of waste electrical appliances and energy-saving light bulbs. The foundation ensures that these products are safely disposed of and optimally recycled. Three parties are involved in the core process that Wecycle supports: the producers and importers of electrical products who have to report their products, the collectors and the service providers.
Previously, Wecycle used various applications for the registration of products and all logistics activities, which involved a great deal of customization. Because these systems were not interconnected, there was a high risk of errors and a lot of manual work was necessary. To simplify the logistics process, Wecycle engaged Sitecore partner Estate to build a single central platform to which the three parties involved would have access.
The new myWecycle environment offers the organization several advantages, including more efficiency, a tighter logistics process and an unambiguous provision of information.
- Optimization of the logistic process of collecting waste electrical appliances and energy-efficient light bulbs
- Improvement of communication between supply chain partners
- Stimulation of efficiency within the entire supply chain of collecting and processing e-waste
- Sitecore 8.1
- .NET framework 4.5.2
- Soap UI
- Single sign-on via ADFS
- Strong efficiency gains through improved information provision
- Strong reduction of manual labor
- More self-service capabilities, reducing pressure on the call center