This travel site offers their customers a seamless experience with Sitecore, and online travel bookings have increased dramatically.
This travel site worked with Sitecore partner, Delaware Consulting, to develop their new site with Sitecore as the platform. Today, the new site offers compelling content and guides site visitors seamlessly through the travel booking process. Customers can now book tickets online to more than 1,000 destinations in Europe.
B-Europe, a travel booking site, wanted to be able to:
- Offer their customers with an easy booking flow – with a compelling and easy way to book travel.
- Upsell/cross-sell features for train tickets, while delivering fast response times
- Integrate with backoffice systems
- Assist customers with a multichannel approach. For example, they wanted to extend the portal to the call center seamlessly – so that whenever an offer is not available, they can keep the customer in the booking flow by offering an integrated call center flow.
Working with Sitecore partner, Delaware Consulting, Sitecore was chosen based on the following:
- Easy to use
- Multi-lingual support
- Data abstraction: bring semantics to the content in Sitecore and manage the pages in a dynamic way
The b-europe.com project covers the development of a multi-channel E-commerce platform for the SNCB international travel division. The offering of different carriers is aggregated on the b-europe.com site. And, unlike most web portals, the b-europe.com portal follows the strategy of information driven/guided sales. The user gets a consolidated view on the offer combined with additional information concerning carriers, service levels, destinations, etc. A tight coupling between the search functionality and the sales module breaks down the barrier between consulting the offer and the actual booking. Finally, integration of different sales channels – including online, call center, web form based and e-mail – allows activation of the most applicable sales channel for every type of booking. The after sales module also has been integrated in the in web site. Through this modules customers can manage the complete after sales flow as well (i.e., cancellation or changing a booking).
Today, the new site offers compelling content and guides site visitors seamlessly through the travel booking process. Customers can now book tickets online to more than 1,000 destinations in Europe.
B-Europe has dramatically increased their conversion ratio. The site enables cross/upselling mechanisms that are presented to customers while they are buying a train ticket (i.e., cancellation insurance) which is generating additional revenue. Finally, dynamic data management (by adding semantics to the content) results in lower authoring time.