Congratulations to the Sitecore Experience Awards 2018 category winners
This year I am thrilled to report that we had a record number of submissions for our annual Sitecore Experience Awards!
A big thank you to everyone who took the time to submit so many success stories showcasing the use of Sitecore technology—we feel deeply honored to have you all as customers and partners and are deeply committed as a company to helping you continue to innovate and achieve success.
Today, we are announcing our category winners in each region. And we’d like to invite everyone to join us at Sitecore’s customer event, Symposium, October 8 – 11, to find out which winning entries will be honored when we award four regional Ultimate Sitecore Experience Awards. This year, for the first time, I will announce our four Ultimate Sitecore Experience Award winners on the mainstage and invite them to join me onstage to be recognized and congratulated. I hope everyone will join us in Orlando, Florida, at Symposium!
Now, on to the category awards! This year’s Sitecore Experience Award category winners represent the community’s increasing focus on:
- Digital transformation
- Mobile optimization
- Excellent customer service
To connect with customers in today’s digital world, companies need to excel at all three, and this year’s winners really delivered.
Sitecore powers digital experiences of companies of all sizes and across all industries worldwide, and the 2018 SEA winners reflect this global footprint. Some are well-known international brands. Others are regional gems, delighting customers and giving them more control over their purchase decisions and—ultimately—their lives. But all 2018 SEA winners implemented solutions that improve the customer experience, attract and retain customers, and build brand loyalty.
Whether fostering life-long shoppers, personalizing web experiences for targeted marketing campaigns, or rapidly creating consistent content for multi-brand companies, Sitecore customers and partners hit the sweet spot: Customer engagement.
Please join me in congratulating this year’s category winners!
Best use of Sitecore as a DXP
Winning entries demonstrated best-in-class use of the Sitecore Experience Platform for web content, commerce, email, personalization, optimization, and delivery of omnichannel experiences. They also combined content management, search and navigation, personalization, integration, collaboration, workflow, analytics, and mobile/multichannel support.
- Australia & New Zealand: Bupa
- Greater Asia: Millennium Hotels and Resorts l Partner: Mullen Lowe
- North America: Dignity Health
- Central & Eastern Europe: Moje Innogy | Partner: Possible
- Nordics: Volvo Cars | Partner: Avanade
- Southern Europe: PeopleCert l Partner: Linakis Digital
- UK: GE Healthcare Life Sciences | Partner: EPAM
- Western Europe: Smurfit Kappa | Partner: Macaw
Best commerce experience
By creating integrated content and delivering it across channels, these regional winners developed seamless, personalized shopping experiences before, during, and after the transaction.
- Australia & New Zealand: Southern Phone | Partner: EPAM
- North America: Astrobrights | Partner: RDA
- Central & Eastern Europe: Techland Sp. | Partner: Infinity Group
- Nordics: Bog & Ide | Partner: Impact
- Western Europe: Homefashion Group | Partner: Aviva Solutions
Best web content experience
Winners designed and delivered intuitive-to-navigate content experiences that map to customer personas and journeys. Interactive and visual experiences that provided relevant information and brand value received higher scores.
- Australia & New Zealand: The Australian Department of Health | Partners: Speedwell & Liquid Interactive
- Greater Asia: MyStays Hotel l Partner: SmartOSC
- North America: Merck & Co. Inc | Partner: Avanade
- Central & Eastern Europe: Liechtensteinische Landesbank | Partner: UNIC
- Nordics: Nemlig.com | Partner: Impact
- Southern Europe: Eurobank | Partner: Linakis Digital
- UK: Vue | Partner: Think
- Western Europe: DOM Security | Partner: Sidewalk
Best use of personalization
Whether personalizing experiences according to location, inbound channel, past visits, visitor profile, user journey, multichannel interactions, or other sources of data, these winners used information gleaned from past interactions to create customer experiences of increased value.
- Australia & New Zealand: Contact Energy | Partner: Cucumber
- Greater Asia: GAC Honda l Partner: Connext
- North America: Fulton Bank | Partner: SilverTech
- Central & Eastern Europe: Nolte Küchen | Partner: Comspace
- Middle East: Atlantis, The Palm
- Nordics: Nature Energy | Partner: Cabana
- UK: Carter Jonas | Partner: Delete
- Western Europe: Carglass | Partner: The Reference
Most innovative user experience
Compelling digital experiences that incorporated beacons, headless implementation, AR/VR, mixed reality devices, progressive web apps, digital kiosks or displays, voice, or IoT stood out in this category.
- Australia & New Zealand: Royal Automobile Club (RAC) WA | Partner: Ignia
- Greater Asia: Bank Central Asia (BCA)
- Central & Eastern Europe: Innogy | Partner: Internet Projekt
- Nordics: MobilePay | Partner: Implicit
Fastest time to market
These winners demonstrated rapid implementation, the ability to scale to meet demand spikes, and innovative use of acceleration tools in deploying an enterprise-wide digital experience across channels, in multi-site/global-local implementations, or both.
- Australia & New Zealand: Dexus | Partner: SwitchIT
- Greater Asia: Fujitsu | Partner: Fujitsu SSL
- North America: Avanade
- Central & Eastern Europe: ADAC SE | Partner: Namics
- Middle East: Miral (Yas Island) | Partner: SapientRazorfish
- Southern Europe: OutSystems | Partner: Noesis
- UK: Colt Data Centre Services | Partner: Codehouse
- Western Europe: Houthoff | Partner: Conclusion Digital
Best business ROI
Increased sales, conversions, and market share, along with reduced costs, streamlined processes, increased efficiency, and expansion of operations set these category winners apart.
- Australia & New Zealand: Open Universities Australia | Partner: Avanade
- Greater Asia: Philippine Airlines | Partner: Accenture / Avanade
- North America: Dine Brands Global | Partner: XCentium
- Central & Eastern Europe: Vonovia | Partner: Netzkern
- UK: British Red Cross | Partner: Friday
Once again, I’d like to extend a big congratulations to all the 2018 Sitecore Experience Award winners. We applaud your success and look forward to continuing the partnership.
About the Sitecore Experience Awards
The Sitecore Experience Awards is an international competition held on an annual basis. Winners are selected in several categories within each region. The nominations list is based on input from partners, customers, the press, analysts, and colleagues. Nominees are asked to submit an application outlining how they are using Sitecore to generate amazing experiences that feel personal to every customer and create a powerful brand halo across every channel that delivers real business results. Winners demonstrate creativity in presentation, integration with rich data sources and applications, an ability to educate, inform and motivate to action, and a compelling overall user experience.