Online education marketplace streamlines student access to leading universities across Australia
Open Universities Australia (OUA) is not a university, but a marketplace where anyone, regardless of prior academic achievement, can access 1384 subjects or 170 degrees from leading universities across the country. To reach that goal, it needed to improve its current digital experience for students and university partners while simultaneously driving future growth. Its three goals for the project were to streamline the onboarding of new universities, simplify and personalize the entire student experience, and drive enrollment growth through real-time insight into the sales funnel.
OUA worked with Avanade to build a Sitecore platform that enables simpler, more seamless interactions with university partners and students while also creating a 360-degree view of the student base. The platform includes personalized content components and lead forms, more efficient onboarding tools for university partners, and a student portal where students can monitor and update their application, enrollment, payment, class registration, and study progress. It also integrates with Salesforce and other systems to optimize conversions.
- Simplify and personalize student application and enrollment process
- Optimize conversion of prospects into enrollments
- Facilitate onboarding of university partners and courses
- Drive student enrollment growth for its university partners in a highly fragmented market
- Implement a powerful, scalable web platform that serves multiple types of end users and enables personalized omnichannel experiences
- Integrate Salesforce and other marketing and line-of-business systems for full insight into user interactions
- Take a highly integrated platform and DevOps approach that supports scaling, continual marketing optimization, and the rapid release of new features
- Streamlined enrollment and application process
- 360-degree view of the student base
- Substantial increase in lead capture from website
- Significant growth in new student enrollment
- Growth in undergraduate degree applications
- First new student growth in key "study period one" sales season in five years