Built on Sitecore XP, CBIG connects California businesses to programs and incentives.
California state and local governments operate dozens of programs and incentives to help grow and shape the Golden State’s economy. But in the past, businesses had difficulty finding those programs across dozens of websites. The California State Treasurer’s Office wanted to give them an easier way to discover opportunities by creating a digital resource worthy of the state’s technology leadership.
The State Treasurer’s Office enlisted SymSoft to design and develop the California Business Incentives Gateway (CBIG), a web portal that brings together all of California’s economic development and incentive programs in one user-friendly interactive experience. Visitors to CBIG can easily find programs run by state entities of all shapes and sizes—from the California Governor’s Office on Economic Development offering the California Competes tax credit, to cities offering rebates on business licenses, expedited permits, and small business loans.
Using Sitecore® Experience Platform™ (XP) with Sitecore® Experience Database™ (xDB), the digital experience serves personalized information to visitors based on their location and browsing patterns. SymSoft developed a taxonomy system to identify categories for personalization, including region, business operation, incentive type, and keywords. As visitors use and browse the CBIG web portal, Sitecore XP infers their preferences and surfaces relevant recommendations on the site, such as green energy rebates, economic development zones offering tax relief, and so on. The site also enables users to input their zip code to see all incentives offered in their region.
- Ensure California businesses discover the incentive programs and opportunities offered by their state and local government agencies.
- Meet ADA accessibility requirements that enable any citizen to access and interact with the digital resource on any device.
- Build a publishing workflow for hundreds of state and local agencies to add, manage, and publish content about their programs on a single new website.
- Sitecore® Experience Platform™ (XP)
- Sitecore® Experience Database™ (xDB)
- Aggregated programs from hundreds of agencies: CBIG gives citizens a one-stop-shop to find hundreds of business incentives from agencies large and small.
- Speedier search with personalization: Visitors are served the most relevant programs based on their location and browsing activity.
- Secure multi-agency content management: The Sitecore framework simplifies content publishing on CBIG for hundreds of government agencies.
- Recognized by the Center for Digital Government as a Best of California Award 2018 winner: New central online Gateway represents “innovative service delivery and use of emerging technologies to improve citizen-services.”