The right content management system makes it much easier to deliver amazing experiences to your customers across every channel they use to interact with you.
Critical factors to consider when choosing a CMS
Customers are demanding personalized experiences
Globalization means you need content for multiple languages and countries
Technology is constantly changing and becoming more complex
Understanding data is key to connecting with customers
Matching content with context is now essential for e-commerce
Gone are the days of static websites and impersonal online purchase experiences. Great content experiences have become inextricably linked with the various ways companies sell and consumers buy products and services.
Your CMS needs to be able to account for how people are consuming content at each step of their customer journey, so you can deliver the right offers to them in the right context, right up to and through the transaction.
Content is king in the new digital future. Being able to accommodate more ambitious digital experiences is a critical component of any CMS worth investing in.
6 main steps to choosing a CMS platform
As a marketer, you know your organization needs a great CMS. But with myriad providers, niche offerings, a growing number of internal stakeholders, and a rapidly changing digital environment, the process of choosing a CMS can seem like a daunting task.
1. Get internal support and input
2. Evaluate your current and future business needs
- Will you be trying to drive significant growth in website traffic?
- Will your existing technology dependencies persist, or will they evolve with a new CMS?
- How many channels will you want your content on, and in how many languages?
- Will the CMS work with your company’s existing tech stack?
- What features might you need in the future?
- Will the CMS still be relevant for at least the next five years?
Your answers to these questions will help you draw up a list of requirements, which you can then use to compare specific solutions. See our full-length guide for an example of a requirements checklist.