360-degree customer view
The Sitecore Experience Database (xDB) is a big data marketing repository that collects and connects customer interactions to create a comprehensive, unified view of each individual customer. A key feature of our Sitecore® Experience Platform™ (XP), xDB enables marketers to gain a holistic customer view not just from a website’s interaction history but also from external apps, channels, devices, and data stores like CRM and ERP systems—anywhere.
xDB delivers a robust profile for each individual customer—called an Experience Profile®—that captures that person’s experience over time, including visits, campaigns they responded to, content viewed, intent signals, demographics, and needs.
- Accessible in real time and at massive scale, customer data can be used to tailor subsequent brand interactions and experiences.
- Incorporates xConnect, a framework that collects data from any channel like ERP, CRM, customer service, and non-Sitecore websites.
- Cloud-friendly, with huge storage capacity.
Sitecore xDB features
Data interchange with xConnect
Sitecore xDB incorporates xConnect, an API framework that lets you import data from any source into xDB and use it to refine personalization. You can also export data out for profiling and performance analysis.
Machine learning power
Secure customer data
- Powers personalization, testing, and optimization
- Available on Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Azure, or MongoDB databases
- Available in cloud or on-premises deployment scenarios
- Enables Experience Analytics for measuring value of visits
- Fuels analysis of the value of visitor paths through content and channels
xDB in action
The business case for marketing in context
The Sitecore® Experience Platform™ brochure
The Dollywood story
Sign up for a demo today!
Take a closer look at the Sitecore Experience Cloud