SITECORE TRUST CENTER
Last updated: May 23, 2018
You represent and warrant that any information that you provide in connection with your use of the Sites is and will remain true, accurate, and complete, and that you will maintain and update such information regularly. You agree that if any information that you provide is or becomes false, inaccurate, obsolete, or incomplete, or infringes trademark or copyright laws, Sitecore may terminate your use of the Sites.
Sitecore maintains sufficient and appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of processing systems and services. Upon becoming aware of any incident or breach relating to the security of your Personal Data, Sitecore will notify you without undue delay and will provide information as it becomes known or as is reasonably requested by you. Sitecore will also take reasonable steps to mitigate and, where possible, to remedy the effects of, any security Incident or breach. Sitecore will provide reasonable assistance to you, at your expense, in the event you are required to notify a supervisory authority or any data subjects of a security incident or breach.
Sitecore will provide reasonable cooperation to you (at your expense) needed to fulfill compliance obligations under any applicable laws (subject to certain information being redacted and confidentiality agreements being executed), to assist you with your own data protection compliance obligations, such as performing data protection impact assessments or participating in prior consultations with supervising authorities or other competent data privacy authorities. Sitecore will also provide reasonable assistance to you (at your expense) to comply with any obligation arising from any request to exercise the rights of a data subject that may be applicable, and will in a timely manner execute data handling requests related to written contractual agreements executed between you and Sitecore, such as file transfer and deletion requests.
Any questions pertaining to our privacy and security controls may be directed to our Chief Legal Officer at email@example.com.
Personal Data of Others
Terms Applicable to Corporations.
The trademarks, service marks, logos, tag lines, slogans, and domain names referenced on the Sites are either common-law service marks or trademarks, or registered service marks or trademarks of Sitecore (collectively, the “Marks”) and are protected by trademark laws in Europe, the United States, and other countries and by international laws and treaties. Other names of actual companies and products mentioned on the Sites may be the trademarks of their respective owners and reference to them does not suggest sponsorship, endorsement, or association with Sitecore. No logo, graphic, sound, or image from the Sites may be copied or re-transmitted unless expressly permitted in writing by Sitecore. Nothing contained on the Sites should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of Sitecore’s Marks or its affiliates’ or suppliers’ trade names, trademarks or service marks without Sitecore’s express prior written consent.
Copyright Infringement Claims
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials found on the Sites infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Sitecore a notice requesting that Sitecore remove the material. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send Sitecore a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See https://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Sitecore suggests that you consult legal counsel before filing a notice or counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to:
Chief Legal Officer
Attention: Copyright Notice
101 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: +1 415 380 0600
Fax: +1 415 380 0730
Online Community Conduct
You agree that you will not:
- Share, post, transmit, or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Sites:
- Anything that is or may be (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, or hateful; (b) defamatory; (c) fraudulent or tortious; (d) obscene, indecent, or otherwise objectionable; or (e) protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right.
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability or that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense.
- Any malicious code, virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications device.
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” investment scheme, or any other form of solicitation.
- Use the Sites for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Harvest or collect Personal Data about other users of the Sites.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including any representative of Sitecore or its affiliates; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; or express or imply that Sitecore endorses any statement you make.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Sites or the servers or networks used to make the Sites available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Sites (including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
- Use the Sites to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services without Sitecore’s express prior written consent.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Sites (including any Content).
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Sites (including any Content), except as and solely to the extent expressly authorized under applicable law overriding any of these restrictions.
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Sites or Content and other materials originating from the Sites.
- Frame or mirror any part of the Sites without Sitecore’s express prior written consent.
- Create a database by systematically downloading and storing all or any Content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Sites, without Sitecore’s express prior, written consent.
Even when Shared in full compliance with the above expectations of conduct, User Content is provided by you and other users of this site “As-Is.” Sitecore shall have no liability for reliance by any third party on, or use or misuse by any third party of, information voluntarily made public through the Online Community or any other part of the site, as User Content or otherwise. IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE IN THE ONLINE COMMUNITY OR OTHERWISE ON THE SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Termination of Use
Sitecore may, in its sole discretion, at any time discontinue providing or limit access to the Sites, any areas of the Sites, or Content provided on or through the Sites. You agree Sitecore may, in its sole discretion, at any time, terminate or limit your access to, or use of, the Sites or any Content. We may terminate or limit your access to or use of the Sites if Sitecore determines, in its sole discretion, that you have infringed the copyrights of a third party. You agree that Sitecore shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or limitation of your access to, or use of, the Sites or any Content, including content that you may have Shared.
Third-party Websites, Content, Products and Services
The Sites may provide links to websites and access to content, products, and services of third parties, including users, advertisers, partners, and sponsors of the Sites, and such third-party websites, content, products, or services are governed by the respective third party’s website terms and conditions of use. Sitecore is not responsible for third-party content provided on or through the Sites, or for any changes or updates to such third-party content. Any interactions you have with these linked websites, content, products, and services are beyond the control of Sitecore, and you bear all risks associated with your access to, and use of, such third-party websites, content, products and services.
EXCEPT WHERE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE, THE SITES, AND ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. SITECORE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE SITES AND ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES. SITECORE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITES OR CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR RUN PROPERLY ON ANY HARDWARE; (B) THE SITES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITES OR ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU ON OR THROUGH THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. SITECORE MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING ANY SEPARATELY LICENSED SOFTWARE THAT MAY BE USED WITH THE SITES.
ANY CONTENT ACCESSED, DOWNLOADED, OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITES IS USED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. SITECORE SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF CONTENT.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LICENSE AGREEMENT APPLICABLE TO ANY SOFTWARE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITES MAY CONTAIN EXPRESS (BUT NOT IMPLIED) WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO SOFTWARE, WHICH WILL GOVERN THAT PARTICULAR SOFTWARE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY WARRANTED BY SITECORE IN SUCH LICENSE AGREEMENT, THE SOFTWARE IS GOVERNED BY THE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THE PREVIOUS TWO PARAGRAPHS.
SITECORE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES OR UPDATES TO, AND MONITOR THE USE OF, THE SITES AND CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL SITECORE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUTATIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR DATA USE, INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORT, ARISING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE.
Exclusions and Limitations
Export Restrictions/Legal Compliance
Entire Agreement; Waiver and Severability
Revision of Terms
When you visit the Sites or send us emails, you are communicating with us electronically. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications electronically from us and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.